Safety/Pressure Relief Valve Technology and Services
Kalsi Engineering’s core experience includes addressing safety and pressure relief valve. Kalsi Engineering has successfully addressed safety/pressure relief valve issues including setpoint drift, seat leakage, and disk instability. Kalsi Engineering has worked with many types of safety/pressure relief valves in a wide array of applications including direct-acting safety and power-operated relief valves on pressurizers in pressurized water reactors, pilot-operated safety relief valves on main steam lines in boiling water reactors, and thermal relief valves on hydraulic actuators.
Technology & Services
Kalsi Engineering technologies and services include:
- Dynamic model development to predict safety relief valve disk stability.
- Analytical tools to assess seat sealing robustness.
- Thermal modeling to assess effectiveness of insulation to address set point drift
- Pilot seat leakage due to pressure fluctuations
- Failure Modes and Effects Assessment to address damage caused by fretting/sliding wear
- Main seat leakage due to seat cracks
- Set point drift due to changes environmental temperature and media state and temperature
- Set point drift due to corrosion bonding
- Vortex-shedding-induced pressure fluctuations in a main steam line affecting safety relief valve pilot seat leakage performance