Air-Operated Valve Technology and Services
Kalsi Engineering, Inc. has been a leader in air-operated valve technologies and services for decades as exemplified by Dr. Kalsi’s acceptance of the following industry recognition in 2018:
“Air Operated Valve Users Group is honored to recognize Dr. M.S. Kalsi for his lifetime of eminently distinguished engineering achievement rendered in support of air operated valves and the Nuclear Power Industry. Dr. Kalsi’s dedication to high technical achievement, innovative research and development contributions, including design, analysis, and testing over a long career have substantially improved the safe, predictable operation of air operated valves in nuclear power plants, thereby demonstrating the highest regard for public safety.”
…and the organization continues to innovate through the technology and services described below.
Technology & Services
- KVAP™ Software to evaluate actuator output capability and valve operating requirements
- Program plans and procedures for regulatory requirements
- Actuator Effective Diaphragm Area Testing
- Actuator Efficiency Testing
- Quarterturn Valve Bearing Testing
- Globe, Butterfly, Ball, and Plug Valve – load requirement testing and prediction modeling
- Control valve problem evaluations for cavitation, instability, etc.
- Flow loop testing – Cv, quarterturn valve torque coefficients, etc.
- Failure root cause analysis
- Third party design review
- EPRI Balanced Globe Valve Project
- Masoneilan Effective Diaphragm Area Project
- Limerick Y-Pattern Globe Valve Under Blowdown Conditions
- St Lucie Main Steam Isolation Valve
- OPG Calculation Project
- Authors of industry guides and papers published by Electric Power Research Institute and ASME