The Kalsi Engineering staff has a strong background in the classical strength of materials. This knowledge has been reinforced through practical applications of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) and API Specification 6A, 7, 7G and 579-1. Our core background in solid mechanics, elasticity, plasticity, fracture mechanics, and theory of plates and shells coupled with our extensive knowledge of finite element methods and on-site mechanical laboratory makes us well positioned to address your structural analysis needs.
KEI serves the US and International Nuclear Power Industry and provides structural analyses under a Quality Assurance program that complies with the requirements of ASME NQA-1.
Kalsi Engineering provides the following structural analyses services:
- Component limit evaluation
- Fatigue life evaluation
- ASME BPVC Section VIII evaluation
- ASME BPVC Section III evaluation
- ASME B16.5 evaluation
- API 6A, 7, 7G and 579-1evaluation
Kalsi Engineering has performed a wide variety of structural strength analyses. A list of key projects is provided.
- Main Steam Isolation Valve redesign
- Anchor Darling Double Disk weak link assessment
- Anchor Darling Double Disk gate valve (ADDDGV) wedge pin margin calculation
- ADDDGV remaining fatigue life of the stem-to-wedge connection threads
- Sentinel gate valve wedge stress analysis
- Seismic analysis of skid for a hydraulic power unit
- Jarring analysis of a slickline tool string
- Fatigue analysis of a large butterfly valve torque train under fluctuating loads